everytime i plug in my iphone, it crahses my computer

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by kangarooso, Mar 30, 2008.

1. kangarooso macrumors newbie

i just bought a 8gb iphone from a friend who canceled their service. so as i have come to learn (i am new to all this) my phone is activated and unlocked legally, without myself having to sign with at&t. anyways, every time i plug the phone into my computer (windows xp), i get a blue screen saying that an error has occurred and that my computer was shut down. the first time this happened, i tried about 4 times, until finally, it did not **** down and i was able to sync my music, etc. now that i want to update everything via itunes for the second time, it keeps crashing when i plug it in. i don't know if it could be a problem with the phone or with my computer. any help would be really appreciated. thanks.

2. Gonzlobo Suspended

Do you have a built in camera on the computer? I heard a windoze user complain about the same thing, but it disappeared once the camera was disabled.

3. kangarooso thread starter macrumors newbie

no, but i do have webcam software... do u think that be the problem?

4. SFC Archer macrumors 68000

SFC Archer

Logitec webcams and some camera software is responsible for your computer crashing. This has been posted on the Apple forums. The fix is to update the drivers for your webcams/printers. If there are no current updates (which there will be) then your next step is to completely uninstall the webcam driver along with the registry entries. If it fails then uninstall the next periperal that you installed along with the registry entries until you find the culprit. It is either a camera/webcam or a printer.

Good Luck

5. kangarooso thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks... after i uninstalled the software (logitech) it worked. got the phone unlocked and everything, running on tmobile as well. i must admit i did not think it would be this easy. thanks for the help guys.