everytime i plug in my iphone

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by kannesss, Jul 20, 2008.

1. kannesss macrumors 6502a

it always comes up as syncing, like it should, but on my computer every single time, it starts out by taking about 20 minues to "back up" my iphone....im not really sure what this means...so will amyone explain it please?

2. likemyorbs macrumors 68000

likemyorbs

i have the same exact problem, i always just x out the back up. any help would be great appreciated

3. gentlegiantcrai macrumors regular

You can turn off backups for every-time.

Itunes > Preferences> Syncing> disable automatic backups, and only backup when you like.

4. cantankerously macrumors regular

iTunes is backing up all your installed applications. Just x out of it if you know that your backup of apps is current.

5. cantankerously macrumors regular

:D

6. rhett7660 macrumors G4

rhett7660

gentlegiantcrai

Thank you for the tip..... worked like a charm! Didn't even think to look in the preferences. Was thinking it was something new and couldn't be turned off. LOL... thanks again.

7. tremlock macrumors 6502a

tremlock

8. RumorHasIt.... macrumors member

Syncing is not the same as backing up

In preferences, it asks if you want to disable automatic syncing not automatic backups. I, without backing up, want to sync multiple times per day. Yes, I know you can hit the x, but after doing so, I have had problems with syncing (as in not syncing).