Evidence Apple is filming commercial for new iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by javaGuru, Jun 6, 2009.

1. javaGuru macrumors 6502a

javaGuru

I'm sure most of you remember how evidence leaked out how Apple was filming a commercial for the iPhone 3G last year before it was officially announced. Are there any rumors or evidence to suggest that Apple has or is in the process of filming a commercial for the upcoming new iPhone? I was just curious about this.

2. peteryan7hao macrumors regular

peteryan7hao

It's pretty unusually for Apple to film their commercials outdoor.
    If they're going to show the new ad on Monday, it would've been finished producing already.

3. Maclver macrumors 68020

Maclver

They are in my backyard right now filming but shh im not supposed to tell.. you know the NDA lol..

Im wondering the same thing

4. puercaeli macrumors regular

Yeah was wondering about the same thing...

I think they want to be more secret this time
    OR
    they are just going to focus on software side and don't bother making radically different new ad.

And seeing that cool Hallway ad lasted only for mere few months and only in US, I am not sure Apple is still interested in that kind of device centric ad. IMHO, the reason they needed that last yr was because of the lack of difference between first and second model(other than 3G). So only way to really highlight it was by saying 'iPhone better than original iPhone'.

5. ziggyonice macrumors 68020

ziggyonice

True. That was the main reason an ad was needed for the 3G. Yet at the same time though, it was very cool to watch.

6. javaGuru thread starter macrumors 6502a

javaGuru

Last year they filmed part of the commercial at the 5th avenue Apple store late at night after the store had closed. Last year the details about the commercial were known in advance. I was amazed at how accurate the rumors about the commercial were. There was also video on the internet from a guy who was outside the 5th avenue apple store while they were preparing to film part of the commercial. I was just curious if any info like this had been leaked out this time around.

7. chasenewell macrumors newbie

iPhone 3G Ad (Why Apple Made Ad)

I disagree slightly. After the release of the iPhone, other cell phone companies went to work and started releasing their phones as the "iPhone Killer". So Apple went along with the trend of advertising a new phone that was better than the iPhone, hence why during the ad they target a lot of areas other phone manufacturers were trying to compete with the iPhone. "It surfs the web twice as fast, it cost half as much... Introducing... The New iPhone".