Evidence apple is pushing a 'flat' design

Sirious

macrumors 65816
Jan 2, 2013
United Kingdom
Sorry to spoil your fun, but those images are fake or you've just caught a bug in the header.

Both images display exactly the same content. There's even iTunes 11.0.3 on the "old" one. :rolleyes:

However, if I am wrong, I will gladly admit to it. :p

watchthisspace

macrumors 6502a
Apr 11, 2010
If you want some form of evidence that Apple is going for a 'flat' design. Open up the weather app on iOS 6.

watchthisspace

macrumors 6502a
Apr 11, 2010
That's not new. I've seen it a few times in the past few years.
Good thing I didn't say it was new. :)

Slowly Apple have dropped the gloss, made the borders thinner.

And currently we have:

A sharper font.

Now of course no one really knows what Ive has in store and the subtle change in the weather app may mean nothing, but this could serve as a hint of the type 'flat' interface iOS will shift to.

If you look at the OSX, it's design changes were subtle and gradual. Nothing like Windows 7 to Windows 8. Could iOS follow suit? Possibly!

MacReloaded

macrumors 6502
Oct 31, 2007
Canada
Good thing I didn't say it was new. :)

Slowly Apple have dropped the gloss, made the borders thinner.

And currently we have:

A sharper font.

Now of course no one really knows what Ive has in store and the subtle change in the weather app may mean nothing, but this could serve as a hint of the type 'flat' interface iOS will shift to.

If you look at the OSX, it's design changes were subtle and gradual. Nothing like Windows 7 to Windows 8. Could iOS follow suit? Possibly!
Not sure why you are quoting me and telling me all of this when I was replying to OP.