Evidence Of 3g iPhone Wireless Syncing?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by m477h3w, Jun 5, 2008.

1. m477h3w macrumors 6502

I thought this was interesting, did a search first and couldn't find anything. Lifted straight from iPhone Alley;

"A reader of the popular gadget blog Gizmodo found some icons inside Mac OS X Leopard's CoreBundle after the 10.5.3 update that he wasn't expecting to find. What he found were pictures of the iPhone and iPod Touch. What's more unusual is the location that he found them in.

They were found in a location of the CoreBundle that contained other pictures of things that connect to a Mac using Apple's Bonjour networking protocol. This could be a sign that Apple will be including Bonjour on the device. If so, then it could enable such interesting features as wireless syncing."

Thoughts?

2. mmoosa macrumors 6502

mmoosa

that would be great! i would love to send songs etc to my iphone wirelessly and take stuff off.. LETS JUST HOPE!!!!:D

3. m477h3w thread starter macrumors 6502

Too true!!! Although, my head is getting mashed with all these rumours and I am expecting a SUPER iPhone on Monday. Not good, I'm sure to be dissapointed :mad: Although I sure hope not *everything crossed*

4. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

Wouldn't this be more 2.0 iPhone wireless syncing rather than 3G iPhone syncing. As wouldn't it be done via wifi and so extendable back to the first gen iPhone.

5. wildcardd macrumors 6502a

I submitted it to Arn yesterday. It is a bit thin on details for even a rumor though. So the icons are in a folder on your Mac. Really nothing conclusive.

Although it would be really cool to do though.

6. mmoosa macrumors 6502

mmoosa

ummm...i think if they dont add the wireless syncing or tranfer, they are really behind, i also have a n95 8gb which i can browse my computer from and play songs as well as copy to the phone....so its out there, its a bit of a pain to have to keep plugging my iphone into the computer when i wanna transfer, back up or sync.

7. t0mat0 macrumors 603

t0mat0

The SDK shows that Bonjour is on the iPhone. Known for a long time.
    Wireless syncing is just the tip of the iceberg.

8. earnjam macrumors 6502a

earnjam

Ok, now we're just getting lazy.

If it's a laptop, I guess I could understand, but for a desktop, just leave the dock attached to the computer...

9. Emulsion macrumors 6502

Why bother? You could just leave it in your pocket and never have to wory about syncing, it could do it automatically. Now only if we could get wireless charging.

10. mmoosa macrumors 6502

mmoosa

not very soon :p

11. Mykel2727 macrumors newbie

Ok, first of all, you are not the first person to submit this. I am friends with the person who found (i am AIMing him right now, he goes to my skool) these and you can see the original post at my site:
    http://toptechpro.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=184&sid=dcd2f7d392a5f3f01ccbad55a125d0ff
    yes, that is the original info.

And 2nd, its not just the fact that the icons are on ur comp. that isn't important, its the location they are in. That folder holds all the icons for everything that can wirelessly sync to your comp. I know, asked the guy who found this myself.
    Thanks

12. wildcardd macrumors 6502a

I was saying that I emailed Arn about YOUR "find" yesterday. Arn didn't post it. That is all. I understand that the images are in that specific folder. I didn't mean to pee on your find brother.