Evidence of New MB Pro

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by jer446, Feb 22, 2008.

1. jer446 macrumors 6502a

I don't know if this has been discussed before, but I found it interesting. I work at Best Buy, and it was dead tonight. I looked up in our computer system the base Macbook Pro system. ($1999). It says it is deleted from our system. This usually means a new product is on the way. Don't know if this means anything, but just thought I would let you guys know.

2. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

I'd say that Best Buy knows squat. Apple doesn't release things like that to the Geek Squad before hints start appearing on their own website.

And by hints, I mean nothing.

3. markrivers macrumors 6502a

markrivers

another inventory theory:D

4. senorfrog97 macrumors regular

I just looked online and all of their MBPs are in stock :confused:

5. ryannel2003 macrumors 68000

ryannel2003

I wish Apple would release a new MacBook Pro soon so all the whiners would shut the hell up...

6. jer446 thread starter macrumors 6502a

As I said, I am not completely sure to what this means, but it usually means we are not getting anymore shipments of that model. And when I tried to order it, it said it was backordered.

7. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Of course, then we have the MacBook whiners next in line, and then the iMac whiners... oh! and look! The Mac Pro whiners after that! Oh, and I suppose by that time people will be whining about their outdated Penryn MacBook Pros...

Let them be frigtards. They'll just complain more when it doesn't have a 9800M GT and a 500GB 2.5" drive standard.

8. bayol05 macrumors regular

bayol05

9. 7even macrumors 6502a

I checked my area's MBP stocks, and looks like the closest store (out of like 7) that has any base models is like 30-40 miles away. Only the closest one has the 2.4 ghz model, and only 2 of the 7 stores have the 17" model. Plus it's being advertised heavily at Best Buy and Fry's here.. I don't even remember the last time I saw MBPs in any ads.

10. mavherzog macrumors 6502

Are you kidding? That's when the REAL whining starts!

"What? No BluRay in the base model??"
    "Why oh WHY did they switch to that horrid Macbook/MBA keyboard!"
    "STILL no 12" model?"

11. Burtonsnow9 macrumors regular

haha thats is so true.

12. KingYaba macrumors 68040

KingYaba

What? No USB coffee maker add-on?

13. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

very true same thing with the new mac pros... no blue ray...
    yes if apple afford it i would be very happy but for now i don't need it want is more like it :p

14. MIDI_EVIL macrumors 65816

MIDI_EVIL

You cannot deny this is interesting, thanks for the information!

BestBuy seem like pretty big players, and it's not like this is a Jan 08 newbie posting!

15. Techguy172 macrumors 68000

This could mean something because I have seen best buy put them on sale for about $200 dollars off and that only happens when something new is coming out.

16. jer446 thread starter macrumors 6502a

today when i was working i checked out the other macbook pro models. All say they are deleted. The only thing is when i went to view the additional details of the item, it gives me a code. It says Perf: and then a letter after that. If it said Perf: X, Perf: Y, or Perf: Z it means try to sell the remaining product, and we are not getting any more in. The closer to Z, the closer it is for the product to be completely gone. Under the Macbook Pro it said Perf: C. I am not completely sure what this means. Maybe someone else who works at Best Buy does?

17. McGiord, Feb 23, 2008
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2011

McGiord macrumors 601

McGiord

If you work at best Buy can you ask your supervisor what Perf: C means, Can't you?
    ________
    Yamaha DT200

18. Hmac macrumors 68020

It means Best Buy is dropping the MacBook line. Again.

19. teknikal90 macrumors 68030

teknikal90

i bet the new revision wouldnt be that big...processor bump thats it...
    no event = no big deal

20. pianodude123 macrumors 6502a

pianodude123

They would never ever do this. Mac sales are growing like crazy... (unfortunately) and I see more newbies walking into best buy getting sucked over to the mac section because they like the way macs look.

21. ryannel2003 macrumors 68000

ryannel2003

That's so true. This latest group of newbies are so damn annoying, it's really killing this great site. They always post the same thing "When are new iMac's coming out", "OMFG when is the MacBook Pro being released". Plus, they always manage to post a thread about these topics when not even three topics down is the same f*cking question. Really, shut the hell up, get over yourself; it's a computer, not God. When Apple is ready to release it, they'll do it.

This is another great reason to buy a refurb. That way you're not paying full price for something that will be outdated in 6 months.