Evil Apple >:( What to do ? Apple Store

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by nickjf20, Jun 1, 2010.

1. nickjf20 macrumors member

Hi,
    I live in the UK and i went to the Apple Store today with my reciepts asking about the free ipod touch deal.
    So i went to an employee and explained my situation, who then passed me over to the manager. I bought the mbp at the start of the month, and the manager said hed be more than happy to redo the reciept with an ipod touch on it for me, but when we got to the checkout, he said it wouldnt be possible as it was bought online, so i had to call ruddy apple :mad:
    I got through to someone who completely understood my situation, and passed me over to some guy in america, who said no.... :eek:
    I told the american guy about my chat with the apple store, and he then phoned them, and suddenly, the guy at the applestore told me that because i had claimed the printer rebate, i wouldnt be able to get the ipood rebate :(
    I said ill happily pay for the printer (£70 for printer vs £150 rebate for ipod), he said hed ring me back tomorrow because of ipad fever ... so thats what im left with :(

Statuatory rights, trading standards ? Anyone :p

Thanks,

Nickjf20 :apple::apple:

2. Aboo macrumors 6502a

In the UK don't you have 30 days to return a system without any restocking fee? I would just threaten to return the system if they keep giving you the run around. I'm sure Apple would rather send you the free iPod than take in a system and have it go through refurbishing and sit in a warehouse somewhere before its sold again.

If they don't budge at the threat of return, then follow through with the return of the unit, and order it with the iPod touch and the printer of your choice, and get the rebate on both :D

3. nickjf20 thread starter macrumors member

hmm... its only 14 days over here, so no luck there, the printer rebates are gone now, so its either printer or ipod :eek:

Thanks for the quick reply:D

I was thinking more, should they honour their agreement to add the ipod in ?

4. Aboo macrumors 6502a

If they told you they would, then yes, they should honor it. I would try to speak with Customer Relations. Call up your local Apple telephone number, get to the operator and ask for customer relations.