Evo + Duct Tape

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Macdicted, Jun 13, 2010.

1. Macdicted macrumors regular

Engadget has a fix for the Evo....... :D

Potential bad news for EVO owners: we're seeing plenty of reports from folks having issues with the lower portions of their screens. Conspiracy theories say that the adhesive holding the glass is failing, causing the screen to peel up a bit and embark on a very slow journey to capacitive independence. This separation is causing excessive light leakage from below, a problem that we noted in our review but apparently gets continually worse as users spend more time massaging their screens -- even those not being as hard on theirs as this guy was. No official response from HTC yet and we're not sure just what a fix could be, but we have seen people do some wonderful things with duct tape.

2. skyehill macrumors 6502

Some folks returned them to Sprint and Sprint replaced the casing. So good news for those affected, your issue is known and being addressed. Hopefully it won't be as awful as the dropped call situation I've experienced for 3 generations of iPhone.

3. j3yq macrumors 6502

j3yq

No pics?? Now I have to google this just so I can laugh at all my EVO friends tomorrow at work.

4. MassiveAttack macrumors 6502a

I'm sure duct tape would have also worked on self cracking plastic backs that we saw on iPhones in the past. :rolleyes:

5. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Even a Evo problem is turned into an opportunity to bad mouth the iPhone.:rolleyes:

6. Macdicted thread starter macrumors regular

Well I live in a major metropolitan area and Sprint SUCKS !

I tried Sprint here in the Tampa Bay area in the past and it was horrible. After looking at their current coverage map it isn't any better today!

Also I've read a report out of Dallas which has 4g service and they reported that 4g was terrible indoors. WTF ?

I'll stick with build quality and a much smoother UI , iphone4 for the win !

7. skyehill macrumors 6502

Sprints version of 4G is god awful inside buildings. It's the spectrum they use for it.

8. Macdicted thread starter macrumors regular

Well when you say inside buildings ? Are you talking about homes as well ?

That would suck :eek:

9. Apollo 13 macrumors 6502a

that's stupid since their phones most likely don't even have the problem.

10. f00f macrumors 65816