Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rm2092

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 30, 2008
Ok so I have the Evo and I rooted my phone with Unrevoked and down loaded Wireless Tehtering and all worked good and fast, I used the apk 9.
Now a hour latter my iPad keeps forgetting my conection when ever I turn my iPad off then back on I have to scan for the network and put the password back in. Is there a setting that I might be missing so my iPad does not forget my Evo ? Thanks...

maturola

macrumors 68040
Oct 29, 2007
Atlanta, GA
no such a setting, your evo is forcing the iPad to Authenticate again. However what firmware are you running on the iPad. that seen similar to the "iPad Wifi" issue that is related with "some" routers that it was supposedly addressed on 4.2.1.

redshift1

macrumors regular
Mar 2, 2010
Ok so I have the Evo and I rooted my phone with Unrevoked and down loaded Wireless Tehtering and all worked good and fast, I used the apk 9.
Now a hour latter my iPad keeps forgetting my conection when ever I turn my iPad off then back on I have to scan for the network and put the password back in. Is there a setting that I might be missing so my iPad does not forget my Evo ? Thanks...

Is your carrier blocking the tethering capability on 2.2.

rm2092

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 30, 2008
Hay iphone1105 yes I did try the Evo forum you think everyone one on here has a iPhone and not a Droid phone ? Anyways yes with Sprint you have to pay $30.00 for the tethering so yes I guess its blocked.

unkn0wnsoldier

macrumors regular
Jul 4, 2009
Fountain, Co
Sometimes I need to reboot my Evo for it to connect. It gets rather annoying but tethering does work fine when it connects. I'm using the wifi tether app from the market and I don't pay the $30 fee.

derekjd

macrumors member
Dec 20, 2006
1. Goto the XDA forums and look up rooting and Nand unlocking your phone

2. Download rooted wifi tethering, in market

3. enjoy

I've used 2 android phones (currently EVO) and WebOS to tether, works great.

Derek

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.