EvoMesh case left imprint on my 7 Plus!

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Anthony T, Nov 14, 2016.

1. Anthony T, Nov 14, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2016

Anthony T macrumors 6502a

I have a (matte) black iPhone 7 Plus and I've kept in a Tech21 EvoMesh case since Day 1. I've noticed that the design of the case is now imprinted into the back of my phone when I take it out of the case.

Anyone else experience this??

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Ta0jin, Nov 14, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2016

Ta0jin macrumors 6502a

People are experiencing the same thing with spigen cases and the webbed pattern on the inside of them. I think it has something to do with the case design pressing against the back of the phone inside people's pockets or something like that.

3. Shark5150 macrumors 6502a

Shark5150

Did you try wiping it with damp cloth? Works for many others on another thread.

4. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

Have you tried wiping it off?

5. Anthony T thread starter macrumors 6502a

I have and it didn't work. Although I just tried again with a damp cloth as one of the posters above you mentioned and it looks like some of it came off, but some of it didn't.

6. Rayy42 macrumors 6502

Rayy42

This.

The same thing happened to me with my Tech21 after only leaving it on for 2 days on my matte black 7 Plus. I have now switched to other cases as my primary.

Don't want to wait and see what's going to happen if I continued using that case.

7. zad78 macrumors newbie

Well. How about trying to loosen the stickiness of the inner layer by applying some baby powder and then wipe it off with some damp cloth. I'm trying it now with my spigen liquid armor casing and see how it goes.

8. Hooterville macrumors 6502a

Hooterville

I believe a safe bet would be wipe the inside of these new cases with an alcohol wipe, let it dry before installing your phone into the case.