Evutec Karbon SI Case Quality Question

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by shreff86, Jan 14, 2016.

1. shreff86 macrumors member

I bought my case in the Apple Store 1/3/16 and didn't notice anything wrong with it at the time when I purchased it but did notice a couple issues on others at the store. The problem is the corner by the camera cutout has a with spot like the finish is missing or wore off not sure what's going on I did notice the cutout around the mute switch is rough as well. I talked evutec they suggested I return it to the Apple Store it is better than a hour drive so I wondered if it is just a defective case as they said or if it is the finish actually going to wear off over time the case has not been dropped or abused I baby my phone I didn't know if it could happen from carrying in jeans pocket for just as few days not what I consider a good case for $50. I tried to show it In the picture but is way more obvious in person than the picture image.jpeg

2. Ta0jin macrumors 6502

That's a new one on me. I've had this case for the 6 and now the 6s+ and I've never noticed this on mine. Now I will say on the case I had for my 6 after awhile I noticed there was some peeling of the soft touch coating near the Lightning port but I haven't had that issue at all with the one for my 6s+ at all. I doubt it could be due to your jeans unless you had something else in your pocket with your phone. Even thought it'll be a trip for you I'd return it if it was me.

3. roniphon macrumors member

If that is noticeable - then that would keep you reminded all the time you take phone in your case.
    I would recommend you request replacement that. If you have opportunity - go to the local shop to see how it fits.
    That would be the best way.

4. shreff86 thread starter macrumors member

I definitely don't keep anything else in that pocket ever always keep it in my left front pocket nothing else ever goes in it. I appreciate the reply is your power buttons really hard to press while the volume ones are easy to press or accidentally press

5. TheIntruder macrumors 6502a

TheIntruder

Is the surface still smooth? To me, it kinda looks like the kevlar layer is delaminated from the TPU base liner underneath the outer layer of plastic.

The one I had had a couple minor imperfections, barely noticeable if you weren't looking for them, but they weren't that large.

Some of the ones I checked out in the store were slightly warped; I didn't check for small flaws like these.

In any case (har har), for fifty bucks, I'd want it to be perfect, so I'd exchange it for another.

6. Ta0jin macrumors 6502

Yeah my power button is a little harder to press than my volume but I've never had an issue with accidentally pressing my volume buttons.

7. shreff86 thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the replies I returned it yesterday and ended up getting another hopefully this one is better really like the slim profile the case provides