Ex spying on me with iCloud!

Discussion in 'iOS 5 and earlier' started by ReverendCasey, Apr 10, 2012.

1. ReverendCasey macrumors newbie

Oook... So I updated my phone and set up my iCloud a couple weeks ago on my girlfriend of four years computer. Then ish went south... We broke up... She moved out... Now she is using it to spy on me. What are my options? I figure, what she already has there is nothing I can do about right? And I imagine I can probably delete my account from the phone to prevent any new info gettin to her. But if I ever want to use the service again, (once I buy my computer) will it start loading back up on her computer again? Ughhh what a nightmare! G*# D@€# Robots!!!

2. ericrwalker macrumors 68030

ericrwalker

3. ReverendCasey thread starter macrumors newbie

But won't it keep backing up all of my texts and stuff to her computer?

4. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

No, it'll ask for the new password I believe.

5. ericrwalker macrumors 68030

ericrwalker

Don't know for sure, because I don't use it. Though if it's on her computer with your current password, how can it backup if her computer has the wrong password?

6. rhett7660 macrumors G4

rhett7660

You could always stop the service and create a new account all together.

7. ericrwalker macrumors 68030

ericrwalker

Easy there Reverend, "Thou shalt not take the name of the LORD thy God in vain; for the LORD will not hold him guiltless that taketh his name in vain".

8. eawmp1 macrumors 601

eawmp1

Change your iCloud password.

Done.

9. Luis Ortega macrumors 6502a

Turn it to your advantage by uploading a bunch of stuff that drives her nuts when she sees it. Photos of you with a hot babe, for example.

10. ReverendCasey thread starter macrumors newbie

Well I don't have another computer so my resources are a tad limited. If I delete my iCloud account from the phone, since all my info (contacts, apps, ect) were put on the phone using iCloud, will it clear it off of my phone? Or just delete the backup?

11. DaLurker macrumors 6502

Change your password first. It won't remove any of the existing data, but it should at least prevent her from accessing new data.

12. eawmp1 macrumors 601

eawmp1

You live near a public library? I can't believe there is not another PC in your life you can use to log into iCloud.

13. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

It seems that after 4 years when things go south they don't go south over night. I would have deleted that **** long before. Total bummer but lessons learned.

14. BigMcGuire Contributor

BigMcGuire

No, my wife and I shared an Apple ID back in the day. When we switched to our own IDs, it immediately asked her for the new password when she started up her iPhone. She decided to get her own ID so she could have her own game center scores. Yes, we're still married (got married 3 months ago). lol.

15. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Seems like the easiest way to go. Also, don't forget to change any passwords that she might know.

16. MovieCutter macrumors 68040

MovieCutter

Quoted for truth

17. Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

Go into Settings > iCloud > and turn everything OFF. This will pull a lot of the stuff off the account. Turn off the Storage & Backup too.

And yeah, change your password.

18. ericrwalker macrumors 68030

ericrwalker

If you turn iCloud off first, it will pull stuff? Then change the password after it pulls stuff?

If you change the password first I would imagine it wouldn't pull anything off her computer.

19. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

Until she removes your phone off the devies list, she could still track your phone via find my iphone

20. Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

You are correct. That is how I pulled my stuff out of it since I share accounts with some other people. You should keep the same password in the meantime then change it afterwards.

21. PacificBeach macrumors regular

NOPE, since it's called "iCloud" and not "icomputer" it backups everything up to the CLOUD ( apple servers ).

Now if you were using her computer as MASTER LIBRARY for iPhoto then photostream was maybe importing your pics to her computer.
    To break this connection just change password.
    If you didnt set up her computer to be a master library for iphoto then you are all good! :)

22. kicko macrumors 65816