Exactly what are you going to be doing with your AW?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by profmatt, Mar 24, 2015.

1. profmatt macrumors 65816

profmatt

There's a lot of worried talk about battery life. I'm not worried at all.

First, I have to charge my iPhone every night, it's really not a big deal to charge my watch, too.

Second -- and I know this is revolutionary -- the primary purpose of the watch for me will be . . . telling the time.

After that it'll be for looking at notifications and controlling playback functions on my iPhone when I'm outside the house.

I'm not going to be watching videos on it, or looking at photographs, or playing music from it, or playing games on it, or using it as a phone, or doing anything on it that I couldn't more easily and more efficiently do on my iPhone.

What are you planning on doing with yours?

2. Defender2010 macrumors 68030

Defender2010

I will be doing exactly what the watch can do, as explained by Apple. Like the iPhone and iPad, it's the App Store apps that will propel the watch forward in terms of what it can do.
    Ps. I don't think you can watch videos on it. Why would anyone want to on such a small screen.

3. chfilm macrumors 65816

chfilm

I'm basically not worried about charging it every night if it really lasts that long, cause I take off my current watch every night anyways. No problem to just lay it on the charger, Installed next to my bed. Only scenario I had to think of, I mean I'm a 28y old dude living in Berlin, lots of parties going on, so I was thinking it would suck to be up all day, then go out, party all night long and then Going home with some cute girl who of course doesn't have an Apple watch. The battery would never survive that long. So on the walk of shame back home the other day, the watch will be dead or at least in power save mode. With the iPhone 6 and good battery management it can either survive this long, or most people have a lightning cable now anyways.

What am I gonna do with it:
    I'm sure curious for the fitness tracking capabilities or more the motivational capabilities. Then controlling music and answering the phone for my headset maybe, setting timers with Siri when cooking (most excited for this)- I do this with the iPhone now, but can only have one timer at a time and the iPhone is laying next to the sizzling pan or so while the watch is always on me, and notifications of course. Controlling my iTunes for the AirPlay speakers throughout the apartment. Having a remotecontrol app for My xbmc media center would be nice too.

I think a ton of other stuff we can't just think of now cause we'll have to wait for 3rd party apps. I want train tickets on the watch, being able to unlock cars to go, apple pay in Germany, boarding passes for flying, reading recipes with integrated timers step by step while cooking, having a shopping list on the watch...and so on;)

4. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

My use cases are actually pretty simple:

- Respond to text messages. (I get a lot of text messages during the day which prompt a yes/no/not sure type of replies)
    - Tell the time
    - Notifications
    - check Heart rate when I run.

5. NeutralGeek macrumors regular

It will look stunning in my wrist.

1. Fashion.
    2. Notifications (less pulling out of my iPhone wherever it may be).
    3. Speaking and talking to Apple Watch unprepared is a lot cooler to me than talking to an iPhone 6/6+.
    4. Gentle taps and discreet personal messaging like heartbeats or something you feel - NOT HEAR is what I have been waiting for a long time now that me and among my circle of Apple Watch friends can do now.
    5. Shopping/To Do Lists, Airline and Health / fitness apps etc - without holding an iPhone will be nice - no more balancing act when multitasking.

Quick and discreet glances, pretty much.