Exactly which cords work with Mophie Juice Pack Helium for iPhone 5

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by RandomHavoc, Aug 27, 2013.

1. RandomHavoc macrumors member

May 26, 2010
    Okay, so I bought this Mophie Juice Pack Helium for iPhone 5 case thinking one of the big benefits is that now I could start getting extra cords for only $1 by buying the micro USB cords off of ebay. But the 3 I ordered just arrived and when I plug them in it says "charging is not supported on this device".
    I checked on Mophie.com's FAQ and it says you can get that message because you bought a 3rd party micro USB.
    So what the heck? Can I only use cables I buy specifically from Mophie with this device? If so, it's still cheaper than getting Lightning cables right from Apple, but a lot more than the $1 cables from Ebay.

If I have to go with a Mophie specific one this looked still like a better deal than buying from Mophie.com, but then I'm still not guaranteed it will work.

2. Zmanbaseball2 macrumors 68040

Aug 24, 2012
    New York, USA
    You either got defective cables or those one are just crap that don't deliver enough power to charge the case. It might be your wall charger too.
    Better wall charger:
    Motorola USB Wall Charger with Micro USB Data Cable - Bulk Packaging (Black)
    Choose from these if you want too:
    Monoprice 1.5-Feet 28AWG USB 2.0 A Male to 5-pin micro-B Male Cable, Black
    3 Pack Lot 6FT 6FEET USB2.0 A to Micro B Data Sync Charge Cable