example objective c code

Discussion in 'iOS Programming' started by arkmannj, Jul 26, 2013.

1. arkmannj macrumors 65816

arkmannj

I am just beginning to embark on the quest of learning objective c. I have plenty of experience with script type languages (SQL, AppleScript, HTML, JavaScript, shell scripts, and many others) and I've kind of had a quick course on "C" which I seemed to grasp pretty well(at least on a fundamental level) but I find that I'm struggling with some of the OOC syntax and concepts as I study objective C.

I was thinking if anyone knew of a good little (simple) objective C app that was open source and was VERY well commented that perhaps I may have an easier time with seeing all the connections and workings. Of course my end goal is to try and make an iPhone App, so if there's an example of one if those then all the better, but I would take a better quality coded mac app that is well commented over some lesser quality iPhone app.

thank you much!
    ~Ark

2. ArtOfWarfare macrumors 604

ArtOfWarfare

One thing I've found that makes Objective-C different from other languages is that the code tends to read a lot like English and, if the code itself is well written, it rarely needs comments.

I don't have anything I feel like sharing... all of my apps that are complete enough aren't clear enough and all of my apps that are clear enough aren't complete enough.

You could just search around for some open source Obj-C stuff on github... not that I've ever come across a project that struck me as easy to understand...

3. Voodoofreak macrumors regular

I can definitely use the same example code as I literally just started learning Objective C and Xcode altogether.

So far I have gone through the tutorial on Apple's development center website and it seems quite straightforward.