EXC_BAD_ACCESS Errors when starting up several different programs

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Benirose, May 3, 2012.

1. Benirose macrumors newbie

Mar 3, 2011
    I'm getting some very weird behavior from my Mid 2010 Macbook Pro involving a few different programs crashing upon opening that all give me EXC_BAD_ACCESS errors. Whenever I open any Microsoft Office program or a program my wife installed called Photobook Designer (probably others we haven't seen yet as well) the mac spins its wheels for about a minute, and then gives me this error (full errors to follow). The odd thing is this only happens on her account. When I try to open any Office program on my account, it opens just fine! Any idea what might be causing this? All software is legally licensed. I'd try updating Office if I could figure out how (and it was the only program giving me this error). I'm used to that annoying Microsoft Autoupdate constantly popping up when I open one of these programs, but now that I need it, I can't find it anywhere!

I've also tried repairing disk permissions in Disk Utility, which spit out a lot of stuff it repaired, and only one error message, which when I goggled was on an Apple hosted page of "Errors you can safely ignore" :)

I'll post the errors next (it's too big for one post)
  2. Benirose thread starter macrumors newbie

Mar 3, 2011
    Microsoft Office:
  3. Benirose thread starter macrumors newbie

Mar 3, 2011
    Microsoft Word Cont.

The other one is even longer, so unless someone can't get anything out of that error, I'm not going to post it.