Excel 2008, colors change from windows to Mac and back

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Davewilks, Dec 15, 2009.

1. Davewilks macrumors newbie

Hi,

I'm trying to use my MacBook more and more at work but have run into a slight problem with Excel 2008 (all the updates are installed).

When I open a Spreadsheet that was made in Excel 2003 on windows that has some cells colored in, make any change then save, all the colors that the cells are shaded change. They originally are bright colors and after saving on my Mac they've changed to muddy, dark versions.

As these sheets are used by multiple people this has made me quite unpopular in the office!

Any ideas anyone?????

Thanks,

Dave

2. exegete77 macrumors 6502a

Howdy. Most likely the color palette was modified in XL on the Windows side. It is relatively easy to change the 56 colors that are in the palette (and position in the palette). If you have access to the Windows version, then take a look at the color palette and compare with the Mac version.

3. Davewilks thread starter macrumors newbie

I can only look remotely right now and the colors are messed up on RDP anyway!!
    If the pallete is a custom one on windows can I set the same pallete on the Mac and that should match?

I'll give it a try!

Thanks

4. exegete77 macrumors 6502a

Yes, you should be able to match the colors. Be sure that the numbers (of the colors) match, not just visually, and the positions on the palette match.