Excel 2008: Template wizard?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by liegebeestig, May 8, 2008.

1. liegebeestig macrumors newbie

Hello, I'm an enthousiast user of the add-in "Template Wizard with data tracking". It's available for pc-users here: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...D8-094D-4ED1-88DA-F4B8B2AD28BD&displaylang=en

I switched to Mac a few weeks ago, and I 've been using this Template Wizard on the pc (Office 2003) to make invoices. Now I want to use it in Mac Office 2008. Do you think this is possible? Downloading or installing the exe-file at the microsoft-site doesn't work of course.

Any ideas? The add-in collects specific data from one Excel-sheet (in template format), and puts them in a list in another Excel-sheet. Maybe there is a good alternative?

Thanks in advance, I hope to solve this since my invoicing systems works on it.

2. exegete77 macrumors 6502a

Howdy. If it requires .exe, then no. Also, if it requires any VBA, then no, because XL 2008 does not support VBA.

If the above is true, your best bet is to use Boot Camp/Parallels/Fusion and install Windows and XL 2003, running it natively will be identical to what you have previously.

3. liegebeestig thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for your reply.

Nope, in my opinion the exe is only for the installing process. Afterwards, there 's an extra item "Template Wizard" in the Data menu. So maybe I have to look up the installed file on my pc, and copy it to a plugin folder on the mac?