Excel 2011 uses 99% of CPU

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by tootall, Sep 27, 2011.

1. tootall macrumors regular

I have been using Office for Mac 2011 since my switch to Macs; Excel has been OK (a few functions missing) until now.

I use fairly elaborate spreadsheets which I copy and paste into a another worksheet as a linked image for easier printing (excuse the translation, my software is in french) ; this can be done in Excel while pressing shift and clicking on Edit to Paste.

I have never had any problems on my PC with this way of working. All my XLS spreadsheet that have this type of links use over 99% of CPU on my mac (iMac 27, i7 with 8 gig of Ram). I know for sure it is a problem with Excel 2011 because the same file when opened in Excel 2003 in Parallel V6 uses only about 2% CPU!

Has anyone experienced a similar problem? Found a solution beside using Excel in a window environment (which I would like to avoid)?

2. CylonGlitch macrumors 68030

CylonGlitch

I don't have much of an answer for you, but I do have the same basic problem with MacWord 2011. Cutting and pasting large amounts of data makes the app crawl! It's Office 2011, not just Excel. If I turn off track changes, it becomes a bit better, but not good.