Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gw0gvq

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 30, 2012
Barry, South Wales, UK
I have to send a spreadsheet as an attachment but I've been given a copy of excel 2019 and when I save as tt send the attachment it will only save in onedrive. Is there a way to save it to the desktop or change one drive to icloud drive?

HDFan

Contributor
Jun 30, 2007
I'm on Excel 16.41 so may not see what you see.

If I have a spreadsheet open I can save it to my local documents folder. If you have iCloud drive turned on it will be saved to there as well. I can then create a new mail message, and attach the spreadsheet to the message. This avoids the issue of Excel sharing which only seems to work with onedrive.

gw0gvq

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 30, 2012
Barry, South Wales, UK
I've found the reason now there an option in the corner to save it online 'which it defaults to' but only onedrive is an option' I can't see how to add icloud drive or if you click the icon it saves it on the mac folder.

HDFan

Contributor
Jun 30, 2007
Yes. I did not see a way to save to or open from iCloud. But, again, it will be on iCloud if you save to your Documents and iCloud drive is on.

HDFan

Contributor
Jun 30, 2007
Tried that but couldn’t see it in the document on iCloud unless it was me lol

As it should. You don't want random strangers perusing your files.

I have to send a spreadsheet as an attachment

Are you sending or sharing? Two totally different things ....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.