excel and word editing on iphone?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by voigtstr, Oct 6, 2008.

1. voigtstr macrumors member

Three questions really. It would be cool to replace my imate jasjam with an iphone, but I have 3 things it needs to be able to do.

The iphone has to be password protected (or pin protected at minimum) before people can browse its contents.

I currently have excel files that I need to refer to, and ideally would like to be able to edit, whilst away from the MacBook Pro (its got windows in vmware to sync to the jasjam)

Same deal for Word files, where one of the word files is my list of servers and passwords for work (hence the need for the phone itself to be password protected (preferably with a strong password))

Can I do that on the iphone yet, if not natively has anyone developed a 3rd party app to edit word/excel files on the road?

Cheers
    the voigtstr

2. soberbrain macrumors 65816

soberbrain

I've seen a lot of apps that can view Office docs, but not one that edits them all.

However, it seems that DataViz will be coming out with one.

http://www.dataviz.com/products/documentstogo/iphone/notify/index.html

You can have a passcode (numbers only) to lock your phone. Also there is a setting that you can turn on to automatically erase the data on your iPhone if the passcode is not entered correctly after 10 attempts.