Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

KlytusLord

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 11, 2011
Hi all,

Is there some trick to getting Excel worksheets display the same way in both Windows and OSX?

All aspects of the worksheet work properly on either platform, but fonts display much bigger in Windows, which means my pretty Mac file looks hideous in Windows, or if I make it pretty in Windows it becomes illegible in Mac, because the fonts gets too small.

Any ideas for a non-workaround fix (like setting the zoom)?

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
If the font is the same and the zoom level is the same, the only other issue would be screen resolution. Are you using the same display with the same resolution?

KlytusLord

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 11, 2011
Thanks for the info; something must be set incorrectly on one of the machines then.

I open the files from several computer, but I have tested on two using the same resolution (different monitors) so maybe the Windows Excel app has a funny startup zoom setting. I will check.

Thanks again.

Gregg2

macrumors 604
May 22, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
Well, I've run into all kinds of font issues between versions of Word and Excel, whether in Windows only or "translating" to a Mac. Office is just buggy if you ask me. The worst thing is using Word and outline format. Nightmare!

KlytusLord

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 11, 2011
I have double-checked everything and the only way I can get the OSX and Windows to display the Excel files the same way is to set the zoom on the windows machines to 75% (or the OSX soon to 125% if the original was created in Windows.)

This is using the latest version of Office on both platforms.

interrobang

macrumors 6502
May 25, 2011
Yes, they're different.

No way around it. That's Microsoft for you. Get used to changing the zoom scale whenever you open a file.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.