Excel not changing formulas! :(

davidg4781

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Oct 28, 2006
Alice, TX
Well, I'm slowly starting to move everything over to my new macbook from my desktop Windows XP PC. The latest thing I moved over was my financial stuff. I set up all my accounts on Quicken and put my budgets and hours list onto my USB drive. I was using this with Excel on the WXP and I'm opening them with Microsoft Office for Mac. Here's the problem...

On my budget (13 worksheets, 1/period) the cells don't change as I enter numbers. If I save it, everything updates, but I don't like that idea. When I'm doing my school work and with the hours (one worksheet with 52 lines (for the weeks) and a few other formulas) I don't have this problem at all.

I have the 2.0GHz Macbook with 512MB of RAM. Could that be the problem? I have no other applications running at the time when working on this.

I hope someone can help me, I'd really like to try to get everything moved over to my Macbook. Well, mostly everything. I still like using a full size screen/keyboard/mouse/etc. but want to get used to using a Mac. My next desktop will PROBABLY be an iMac.

davidg4781

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Oct 28, 2006
Alice, TX
Whoa! Update! It's not doing it on my PC either. Ok, maybe I have something weird checked. I'll have to check it out tonight. If someone knows of something, let me know.

Thanks!

Comment

davidg4781

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Oct 28, 2006
Alice, TX
Thanks! That did it. Now, if Missing Sync and a few of the protective accessories (marware, iKlear, etc.) were to suddenly go on sale, I'd be 100% happy.

Comment