Excel or anything like it for the iPhone...

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by egk69, Dec 12, 2008.

1. egk69 macrumors 6502

Hi, I need any program/app, that I can use to see (and most important) EDIT, excel files.

is theres any, i find one on cydia , but it says it only let me view, no edit for me:(

Thanks

2. egk69 thread starter macrumors 6502

3. gotzero macrumors 68040

Based on my limited adventures with the SDK, I think the way files are handled on the iphone right now is preventing any meaningful office applications from coming out.

Office application functionality would seriously boost the iphone's credibility as a business device. I really hope there is a creative offering getting around fo the limitations or a modification to the SDK on the way.

4. wackymacky macrumors 68000

wackymacky

there are a few spreadsheet apps. I've tried "spreadsheet". the initial release had a view bugs in it though it seems to work well now for not to complex tables etc. It will export (via email) to excel.

Moblefiles which accesses iDisk (if you have MobileMe) allows you to read Office documents, and the developers are planing a release that will allow you to edit both Word and Excel fies

5. drichards macrumors 6502a

drichards

iZoho.com

You'll love it or hate it, but give it a shot.

6. egk69 thread starter macrumors 6502

dude, I cant create or edit anything in there, I can only make it on the PC and view it on the iPhone, compleatly useless , if you ask me...

but if theres a way to actually edit it, let me know, cause I cant find it on the "iPhone" version...

7. alexgonsalas macrumors newbie

documents

Try "documents" it even syncs with google docs.