Excel PivotTable question

furryrabidbunny

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 10, 2005
Mesa, AZ
Is there a way to exclude columns from being included in the data source (other than deleting them) so they are excluded from the table and field list? I've tried hiding columns, but it didn't work, and just selecting the columns seperatly doesn't seem to work either.

An example of what I am trying to do is this: I want to build a pivottable with the range of $a$1:$D$40, but I want to exclude $B$1:$B$40, other than deleting or copying the wanted range.

Echo toxin

macrumors newbie
Aug 13, 2006
Not quite sure I understand - the whole idea of a pivot table is to selectively display the data you need. If you don't select column B from the pivot table field list, it won't appear in your pivot table? :confused:

furryrabidbunny

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 10, 2005
Mesa, AZ
Applespider said:
Nope... the only thing to do would be to rearrange your source data so column B was now in D and you could select only A:C
Thank you for an answer... I understand the purpose of a pivottable, problem is other people I work with don't and I am asked this all the time. I just wanted an answer from another source before I give an answer.