Excel printing and battery charging temperature problems

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by realchimera, Sep 1, 2011.

1. realchimera macrumors regular

Hi, does anyone know how to just print the figures in Excel instead of printing the whole Excel file? In windows, I just need to select/highlight then print. But it doesn't work on Mac.

Also I noticed my Macbook pro is kinda of hot whenever the battery is under charge. Is that normal? Do you guys use any software to monitor the temperature or other performance parameters of your computer?

2. vmachiel macrumors 68000

Don't know about the excel part, but the battery tends to get al little hot when charging. This is normal as far as I know. You can use coconut battery to check it's temperature.

3. aarond12 macrumors 65816

aarond12

First question: Which version of Excel? Then we can give you specific instructions.

Second question: I use FanControl to keep my fans running at a higher speed than normal. This keeps my MacBook Pro nice and cool, even on my lap.

4. realchimera thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks. The Excel I'm using is Office 2011 for OS X.

5. vmachiel macrumors 68000

6. realchimera thread starter macrumors regular

Just realized that Mac Excel is a piece of crap. It can't print charts in Excel!!! It seems Mac is a perfect game machine for people who would just use it for entertaining stuffs.

7. logana macrumors 65816

logana

Select the area you want to print....

File > Print area > set print area

To print charts in Excel 2011 you have to copy them to a new worksheet (sounds like a typical Microsoft workaround for something that does not work properly......

8. realchimera thread starter macrumors regular

That's exactly what I found out....Isn't it lame?

9. realchimera thread starter macrumors regular

Found an old article about Mac laptop's notorious temperature. It also suggest an awesome software to monitor everything of your computer, istats menus, very similar to the software i use for my PC. But it didn't say whether the temperature is the temperature of cpu, HD, or motherboard...