Excel problem (mac office 2011)

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by guvendereli, Aug 15, 2012.

1. guvendereli macrumors newbie

I am a Mac user (operation system Mountain Lion) and have a strange problem after upgrade from Lion to Mountain Lion with my excel program (version Microsoft Excel for Mac 2011 Version 14.1.0).

When I type a data in a cell, just upon completing my data, the data is permanently entered in the cell before I press the enter button. Sometimes this happens before I complete my insertion and strange word remains in the cell usually couple of letters disappearing. I have tried to correct this with changing options for ''Auto Correct'' and ''Auto Complete'' at preferences, but had no success.

I will appreciate if you can help me for solving this problem.

2. Big Byte macrumors regular

I don't mean to take anything away from the helpful users on this this site, but you may want to try posting your question at Microsoft Answers - Office for Mac, which can be found here: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/mac. It's a good website and answers tend to come fairly quickly.

3. dakwar macrumors 6502

14.1.0 has known issues with Mountain Lion. Update to latest version (today it is 14.2.3).