Excel Spread sheet to PDF with form fields...

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by kmaute, Feb 24, 2009.

1. kmaute macrumors 6502

kmaute

Hey all,

I'm trying to convert an Excel spreadsheet into a PDF form. The spreadsheet is set up with 6 categories on the top and then numbers on the horizontal axis to represent employees. I need to be able to convert these cells into fillable PDF columns in Adobe Acrobat

Here's a rough example of what I need.
    #_____________Name_______________ID#________etc...
    1......................Ron..........................100...................
    2......................Jill............................101..................

Any ideas other than individually specifying each cell? I can't get a straight column... Thank you.

2. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

I am afraid that you totally misunderstand what a PDF file is. Saving a spreadsheet as PDF is exactly the same as printing it to PDF. In order to get fillable cells in the PDF, you must use an app like Acrobat Professional or Ovis pdf-Office to add forms and to give them the attributes that you desire. With pdf-Office, you don't need the spreadsheet; you don't need to print it to PDF; you may start from scratch within the application.

3. kmaute thread starter macrumors 6502

kmaute

I apologize as I must not have been clear. I know what a PDF is. My question is using acrobat pro to auto create the fields in each cell as when I run the form wizard doesn't recognize the cells as form values. I tried adding the form regions by hand but couldn't get the form columns straight and even. Thank you.

4. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

That's because they aren't form values. They are just numbers on a page.

The little form creation wizard helps enormously by showing the boundaries of each field. Unfortunately, it seems to lack any snap-to capabilities. In addition to careful placement, you must set the alignment attributes of each field. There is no substitute for patience and hard work.