EXCELLENT Apple Care story!

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by wrinkster22, Aug 24, 2013.

1. wrinkster22 macrumors 68030

wrinkster22

I know sometimes we all complain about certain things but this is a time I am happy for owning an apple product :p. Basically I had a crazy problem with my laptop. An authorized repair dealer wanted $900 for the repair. I went to the apple store and told the genuis everything and he said he had no idea why they would have charged (its under waranty) A few minutes later I signed on his iPad and I am getting a new top case (woot woot no more scratch on the lid) and a new wi-fi/bluetooth card. :D

thank you applecare! :apple:

2. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

I'm happy for you! But I don't understand why this is an Applecare story. Was it warranty or was it Applecare (after the warranty expired?). Apple service in my experience has always been excellent. I have Applecare on my iPhones and on my Thunderbolt displays. I needed a TB display fixed but it was still under warranty. Applecare extended the 1 year warranty so I am covered for two years after the warranty expires under Applecare.

Thanks for sharing the positive story! The satisfied people rarely do...

3. wrinkster22 thread starter macrumors 68030

wrinkster22

The computer was under the 3 year policy. However the "authorized repair dealer" (NEVER going there again) was trying to blame everything on me... Then the apple store just took care of it. I am very satisfied.

4. Mrbobb macrumors 601

Apparently the "authorized dealer" did not attend Apple University or be certified equal to Apple's standards.

5. jadAce macrumors regular

jadAce

Hey, congratulations on your experience with AppleCare! Always great to hear about good customer service (something a bit difficult to find these days).

6. narutoninjakid macrumors 6502

This is why I appreciate apples warranty service even though I have never had to go into the apple store.

7. wrinkster22 thread starter macrumors 68030

wrinkster22

Have you used mail in repairs? Unfortunately we don't have it. Its my understanding though you can mail in your mac and they mail it back in the US?

8. KevinMac macrumors member

KevinMac

9. AXs macrumors 6502a

AXs

glad you got it repaired under warranty as it should be... but what worries me is that the authorized service center tried to charge you for a product under warranty.

I fear they might be doing this to others as well. Is there a way that you can report it to Apple?

10. wrinkster22 thread starter macrumors 68030

wrinkster22

I am not sure. I will give them a call (General tech support) and let them know my opinions.

11. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

Here's a another AppleCare story:

Yesterday I brought in a mid-2010 15" MacBook Pro. It's old, doesn't do thunderbolt, but is still a decent machine for being around the house and such. But it started having video issues. The display would go blank, and sometimes the video would be very glitchy. Recently it started Kernel panicking as well.

Turns out there is an Apple support document describing exaclty my problem. One problem: I bought this guy 3 years, 4 months ago... 4 months out of AppleCare, and 4 months past the repair time frame for the support document. But, I went in anyway to an Apple Store to see what could be done, and worst-case how much it would cost to fix.

The repair estimate: About $530, plus tax for a new logic board. But the Genius spoke with the manager and they agreed to fully cover the cost of the repair. And I didn't even prompt them to do so.

I'm VERY pleased with Apple right now. I now know buying the 2013 MacBook air was a good choice, and I'm probably going back for the next iPhone and iPad.

12. wrinkster22 thread starter macrumors 68030

wrinkster22

Just picked up the machine. Looks new again. Thanks apple :)