Excellent Apple Customer Service

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by catmonkey, Feb 3, 2008.

1. catmonkey macrumors member

Hi all,

I Have just finished setting up my 2.2Ghz santa rosa MacBook, which is an upgrade from a faulty 2.0Ghz Core Duo MacBook.

I had a huge list of problems, mostly minor with the Core Duo such as cracking casing, minor screen flicker, superdrive that would not suck in CD's unless forced in etc.

I e-mailed sjobs@apple.com and through this and various telephone calls with a representative they agreed to send out a brand new MacBook without me going through any bother at all.

And this was all while I was 6 months out of my one year warranty.

I must say my faith in Apple has been fully restored, and I couldn't be happier!

Just thought I should share this great experience, I'm still shocked I'm typing on a brand new MacBook.

Mike.

2. deadpixels macrumors 6502a

deadpixels

nice to have some 'happy ending' stories here, enjoy ur new macbook!

3. forafireescape macrumors 6502a

forafireescape

That's awesome - Apple customer service kind of has a bad rep, so I'm glad you posted this :)

4. bijou macrumors regular

bijou

That's great to hear. I've had nothing but excellent experiences with their customer service.

5. valdore macrumors 65816

valdore

Apple customer service took pretty good care of me when they sent me a DOA Mac Pro in May of 07. They got me a new one that worked (the one I'm typing this on) in pretty short order.

6. soupyjnr macrumors 6502

Do they have a bad reputation? How come?

7. forafireescape macrumors 6502a

forafireescape

I've just heard that they pale in comparison to Dell. Which, IMO, they do, because I've used both. But that could just be my opinion, although I've heard it elsewhere.

8. soupyjnr macrumors 6502

Oh no! Ive just bought AppleCare! :rolleyes:

9. g-boac macrumors 6502

Dell vs Apple

I'm surprised -- my experience with Dell was that they outsource my call to the other side of the world, where I get someone who barely speaks english telling me that "there is nothing they can do". In contrast, I've had Apple reps stay on the phone, pass my call along to progressively higher levels of reps until the issue was resolved (including one call to their engineers, when it became apparent that we uncovered an 10.5.1 bug, rather than simply not using the software correctly).

But, everyone has a different story, and the real result should be what the majority bears out. Can folks share -- what were your good or bad experiences with EITHER Apple or Dell?

thanks!
    Mark

10. valdore macrumors 65816

valdore

I have a four year old Dell desktop peecee, and although I like the computer overall and spent some great times with it, it was made with cheap parts and backed up by totally useless and incompetent customer service whenever one of the cheap parts went bad.

And, I'd like to take this moment to extend my middle finger prostrate in the direction of all skinflint beancounting penny penching American companies who offshore their customer service to undertrained and hapless foreigners, all for the goal of adding three cents extra earnings per share in a fiscal year. Screw Dell. Whenever I decide I want a new peecee, I'm building it myself.

My experience with Apple, despite a couple of warranty and defect issues, has been far more favorable.