iPad Excellent Apple Support

Discussion in 'iPad' started by nightlong, Jan 8, 2015.

1. nightlong macrumors 6502a

nightlong

My 6-month old iPad Air developed the dreaded yellow tint on one side and was getting worse. Called Apple, took it to an Apple repair guy (no Apple stores where I live). Within 24 hours the replacement arrived from Apple.

So far, this one seems perfect.

Thanks Apple, excellent service.

2. s2mikey macrumors 68020

s2mikey

Good to hear. Very often we only get the bad stories on the forums so this is refreshing. They usually are pretty to their customers. There are always some bad cases but overall they are very good.

Happy you are set.:)

3. nightlong thread starter macrumors 6502a

nightlong

Yes, I posted this as a reminder to myself as well as others, when we are quick to complain about imperfections in an imperfect world, not always so quick to acknowledge all that really does "just work" with Apple.

I don't know of any other large company that offers service like this. I have my issues with Apple, such as forced downloads and the ridiculous annual cycle of new operating systems that are six months premature.

But a lot has just worked for me, and for many years. Still have a 2003 iBook, never been repaired, everything still works. 2007 iMac also. When my iPhone 5 developed a fault when nearly a year old, was replaced as quickly as my iPad Air just now.

Ipad4 and MBPr, still perfect. Phone support almost always solves my issues.

So, acknowledging all this good Apple stuff. Now, about those forced downloads and premature operating systems ...

4. laudern macrumors 6502a

I'm looking to bring in my air 2 on Monday as the screen has a book spine down the left hand side. How will they fix it? Will they swap out the screen? Totally replace the unit or what?

5. nightlong thread starter macrumors 6502a

nightlong

6. ron7624 Contributor

ron7624

I've had many great experiences with Apple's support. I've had a few hard nosed geniuses helping me, that didn't help. But for the most part, it was all good. I always got my problems taken care of in the end.
    Good :apple:

7. BoneHead001 macrumors 6502

Apple has always had great support. They are world class.