Excellent battery life to horrible battery life?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MattMJB0188, Oct 30, 2011.

1. MattMJB0188 macrumors 68000

MattMJB0188

So I have had my 4s since Oct 14 and have had nothing but excellent battery life. Always 2 full days of use. Well decided to do a reboot on my phone by holding the power button and home button down simultaneously. Well my fingers slipped so I did it again but left off too quickly. The third time was a charm. Now I have noticed my battery rapidily decreasing. I have most location services turned off and no apps running. I rebooted the phone as soon as I took it off the charger. At 9am I was at 100%, now at noon I'm at 85%. Normally I'm sitting at about 94-95% right about now. I have only sent about 10 text messages and nothing else. Was this caused by the reboots? I know my phone isn't defective?

I'm planning on charging it completely tonight and see how it does tomorrow with NO reboots. Keep in mind, I have never done a reboot since I owned it. I am really hoping that didn't mess things up. Any thoughts? Thanks

2. cvam1985 macrumors regular

From what I've read, not even Apple knows what the cause of the battery drain on the 4S is.

There's all kinds of tips and tricks on this and other forums, but none have worked for me. I guess it's hit or miss at this point, until a specific cause is pinpointed and an update is issued.

3. vitzr macrumors 68030

vitzr

You have two choices.

Wait until Apple addresses this (they're working on it now)

Contact Apple & report it.

4. MattMJB0188 thread starter macrumors 68000

MattMJB0188