All iPads Excellent Battery Life with Air !!!

Discussion in 'iPad' started by FrankB1191, Nov 1, 2013.

1. FrankB1191 macrumors 6502a

I've been web browsing while using Airplay to send a movie to my tv, and now using BT to play music (while web browsing). I'm at 96% battery, and 1hr 10 minutes of use. Brightness is a little less than 50%, and is plenty bright. Just dropped down to 95% while typing this. :D

2. karmamule macrumors 6502

karmamule

I've been using mine constantly for a little over three hours (browsing, news apps, email, streaming music) and am at 77% so I'm on track to get the 12 hours or so Walt Mossberg mentioned.

Screen brightness was about 50% for two and a half hours and about 33% for last half hour as I use it in a dark room.... Feels plenty bright at those settings for the lighting I've been in.

3. macduke Suspended

macduke

Something important to keep in mind which purchasing a new mobile device (even laptops) is battery calibration. Often the percentages aren't accurate until a few charge cycles are completed. I often run my devices down to complete 0 the first couple times to make sure everything is calibrated quickly.

I'm sure it has great battery life, I'm just saying that calibration is important for accurate results.

4. quagmire macrumors 603

quagmire

So far it's on the same pace as my old iPad 3 which is 11-12 hours. 95% at 1 hr 23 mins.

5. FrankB1191 thread starter macrumors 6502a

I'll let you know in the morning. :D It's been my experience with Apple devices, that the battery life improves very quickly. I was very disheartened to see. Y Mini's battery life drop to less than 1 hour per each 10% battery increment when I switched to iOS 7, but it went back up to one hour per 10% after a couple of days.

The Air's battery was at 94% when I bought it, and I topped it off once my apps, music, and movies were installed. I'm at 84% now and 2hr 52m of actual use. That's enough that I won't be looking for an outlet very often. And to think I swore I wasn't going to buy this device yesterday...LOL!

6. Apple OC macrumors 68040

Apple OC

already a well known fact for years ... iPads have great battery life :apple: