Excellent deal on a refurb - advice needed

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Sue De Nimes, Jun 19, 2012.

1. Sue De Nimes macrumors 6502a

Sue De Nimes

I bought a new iMac the other day. I paid full price at retail and I was very happy with things.

I spotted a refurb on the Apple store with what I think was the same spec but cheaper. I deciede to order this and return the shop bought mac and save some money

Anyway, the Mac has just arrived and I have just restored from time machine.

The Mac I bought retail was a 3.4Ghz i7 with 1TB HD and 1GB of Video Memory and 8GB of Ram.

This machine has the i7, 8GB of Ram, 2TB HD and 2GB of Ram.

On my invoice it just says Refurbished i7 3.4 iMac. I don't know if I just misread what was listed on the apple site. How do I check.

Is there also any chance that if I return this for a repair under warranty I might get back a lower specced Mac?

Finally - how do I go about wiping all info from the other Mac to return to the store?

2. user418 macrumors 6502a

user418

3. Sue De Nimes thread starter macrumors 6502a

Sue De Nimes

I can get the info from "About this Mac" it just doesn't tally with what I thought I ordered.

I want to find out what is on my order. If they have sent me an overspecced Mac that is better than what I ordered - can they ask for it back? Would they ask for it back?

As far as I can tell I have had a HD upgrade, a VRAM upgrade and a RAM upgrade for free.

4. kromekat macrumors member

kromekat

The refurb may have just been a BTO thats been returned hence the larger HD etc

I shouldnt worry about iy - just be happy you got a great deal! ;)

5. Sue De Nimes thread starter macrumors 6502a

Sue De Nimes