Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Garyed055

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 15, 2018
Canton Georgia
Hey all

I had a problem with my refurbished Iphone X bought off Ebay (Degraded Battery) Health 75 percent. For a while I had the idea to do the install of a new battery myself but id have to buy the tools along with the battery and that was almost the same cost of just having apple do it. So going to the apple store I Handed them the phone, an hour later they said. "We put a new battery in and the phone still indicated a degraded battery." To my surprise they replaced the phone with a new one. From this day forward its ONLY Apple for this guy!!

Gary

Frankras

macrumors regular
Mar 9, 2012
Nice.

Remember back in the days I had an IPhone 3GS (bought used) with dust under the screen and the warranty was gone, I also got a new phone.

Apple_Robert

Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
In the middle of several books.
Hey all

I had a problem with my refurbished Iphone X bought off Ebay (Degraded Battery) Health 75 percent. For a while I had the idea to do the install of a new battery myself but id have to buy the tools along with the battery and that was almost the same cost of just having apple do it. So going to the apple store I Handed them the phone, an hour later they said. "We put a new battery in and the phone still indicated a degraded battery." To my surprise they replaced the phone with a new one. From this day forward its ONLY Apple for this guy!!

Gary
Way to go, Apple. That is indeed excellent customer service.

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
I didn’t even know they still had the iPhone X stock on hand
Apple had original iPhone stock up until about the middle of 2013 I think as replacements for anyone with the original iPhone.

When Apple manufacturers the iPhone (any model) it also manufactures devices specifically for replacement purposes. This is then supplemented by remanufactured devices (the former defective devices turned in by customers).

It's another reason why the old trick of damaging a phone shortly after the launch of a new model and then seeking a replacement does not work with Apple.

StaceyMJ86

macrumors demi-goddess
Sep 22, 2015
Washington, DC
Wow. That’s great customer service. That’s the biggest reason why I’m still with Apple. I’ve yet to be disappointed with their customer service, plus their devices work.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.