Excellent warranty experience at Apple Store...

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by slick316, Mar 6, 2008.

1. slick316 macrumors 6502

Made an appointment at the Apple Store yesterday for an issue I posted about a month ago. I had what looked like lint/dust BEHIND the screen on my MBP. It was all over, and looked horrible.
    My appointment was for noon, but I had to wait about 15 minutes to be called, no big deal at all, just browsed around in the mean time.
    My name was called and I showed them my laptop. The person looked at it, took it in the back, and came back out with in a minute. He told me that they are to take it in for repair. Had me sign a couple papers and told me that it should be done in 3-5 days.
    Today, at about 4:45pm, I get a call, its from the Apple Store!!! They already finished replacing the LCD!!! I couldn't believe how quick it was.
    I got there in about 30 minutes. They brought out my machine, it looked flawless (I heard some stories here that claimed there laptops were scratched, so I was happy to see mine wasn't). They had me verify that the machine was indeed fixed to my satisfaction, and it was. They handed me a receipt showing me the work that was done (because the LCD now has a 3 month warranty on it, since my warranty ends next month).
    I was amazed to also see how much the cost would have been if I didn't have warranty. The labor was listed at $85 and the part (SVC, DISPLAY CLAMSHELL, AG Part # 661-4238) was $703.13!!! Looks like I will be buying AppleCare!!

Just thought I would share my experience, I am very happy with how I was treated and how quick my laptop was fixed!

2. iEric macrumors 6502a

awesome!

it's nice to hear good stories like these. often we read only the crappy experiences.

3. markrivers macrumors 6502a

markrivers

another forum member with a good experience with apple care.
    way to go!