exceptionally urgent battery question!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by thepf, Feb 20, 2011.

1. thepf macrumors newbie

If you are reading this you are answering my call in my hour of need. I have some work I need to hand in tomorrow, but I stupidly left my charger at my girlfriends house, who lives on the otherside of London. In short i have looked around Apples webiste, tried phoning customer help, which are closed due to it being sunday evening, but I cant find an answer to this question, would my 15 inch Macbook Pro 2010 battery life be damaged by using my sisters Macbook 13inch 2010 adapter? Are all 2010 magsafes the same internally? Thanks!

2. Tomple macrumors 6502a

Tomple

Nope, you will be fine

It may take longer but your internals will be fine

3. ECUpirate44 macrumors 603

ECUpirate44

4. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Not all MagSafe adapters are identical, but you can use them, anyway. As the one for the 13 inch MacBook is weaker than yours, it may take a bit longer to charge, but it won't cause any damage.

This should answer most, if not all, of your battery questions:

5. thepf thread starter macrumors newbie

Without wanting to be one of those annoying posters I use to mock in my early net days, and just to double check, she has a standard 13 inch Macbook and I have a 15 Macbook pro, it will not hinder my battery life at all? I know I will probably get another yes but I didnt realise how over protective you get with a baby untill you have one :)
    cheers

EDIT- nevermind, 3 responses is all I need, thank you all