Excercise caution if buying from MacofAllTrades.com

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by shootersroll, Apr 5, 2007.

1. shootersroll macrumors newbie

I don't want to state or imply that they are crooked or intentionally meant to sell me a bad machine, but they have demonstrated no willingness whatsoever to discuss any sort manner in which they might possibly be able to help me with my problem. They will not talk to me on the phone (except to tell me to send my request by email) and they don't respond to my emails. I understand companies set policies to protect themselves since, as a business owner myself, I do the same. However, if one of my customers has a complaint, I will at least try to meet him in the middle to resolve the issue so I will have a satisfied customer. That is important to me. If you buy from them, run it through the most intense tests you can, as soon as you can and notify them if it just hiccups. I thought I would save a few bucks buying from them, but am now stuck with a $500 doorstop. FWIW, I have a $1000 machine for my son on the way from Apple and it comes with a 1 year warranty (not 30 days) and I am already familiar with their tech support.

2. thecreativ1 macrumors member

Re:

So what happened? Damage in transit, crashes often, won't start up, etc.?

3. nateDEEZY macrumors 6502a

4. shootersroll thread starter macrumors newbie

G4 iBook. It locks up at the drop of a hat. The longest it has run w/out freezing is about 3 days. Then (once I can get it to come up completely), it locks up when simply opening any application.

5. yellow Moderator emeritus

yellow

Code:
    Registrant:	
      	Mac of All Trades 
      	14474 Carlson Circle
      	 Tampa, FL 30318
      	 US

Domain Name: MACOFALLTRADES.COM

Administrative Contact :	 
      	Snyder, Michael
      	 michael@MACOFALLTRADES.COM
      	14474 Carlson Circle
      	 Tampa, FL 33626
      	 US
      	 Phone: 813-925-1181
      	 Fax: 813-925-1055

Technical Contact :	 
      	Snyder, Michael
      	 michael@macofalltrades.com
      	14474 Carlson Circle
      	 Tampa, FL 33626
      	 US
      	 Phone: 813-925-1181
      	 Fax: 813-925-1055

Record expires on 16-Apr-2013	
      	Record created on 16-Apr-1999
      	Database last updated on 05-Oct-2006
    If you cannot get information from them, report them to the BBB.

6. shootersroll thread starter macrumors newbie

Truthfully, I have little recourse since my iBook is outside of the expressed warranty period. My frustration is rooted in the absolute lack of concern by the company that I am dissatisfied with my purchase. Their intitial reply to my first email was a series a troubleshooting procedures (zapping the pram, etc.) of which I already held a hard copy since it was included in the box with the machine. I had already been through that, but in good faith I did it again. The email response concluded with advice to request a return authorization if the aforementioned procedures failed to rectify the problem. Upon doing so the response I received was (paraphrasing), "Your warranty has expired. Have a nice day (beat it)." If they can experience success operating their business in that manner, then more power to 'em. But my advice to anyone reading this is...If you choose to buy from them, be very careful.

7. eldernorm macrumors newbie

web site down now

I think they may be closed. Their web site is down. I bought a G4 tower 450 mhz, and it had random crashes from the start. They said it was HD and shipped out a new one. It will only run in safe mode.

I am beginning to think that they do not really test the machines, just buy them cheap and re sell them.

There were here for a long time, I hope they have not sold out and given up.