Excessive Shipping Times??

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by olivarrr, Apr 26, 2010.

1. olivarrr macrumors newbie

Hey everyone, first post here! It is a bit of a moan though, so I do apologise :p

I ordered the new Core i7 17" MBP on the 18th April, and I can't WAIT to get hold of it! I've had macs for years, but have been over on the dark side for the past few years with a couple of PC laptops, so decided it was time to get myself a shiny new one.

I ordered on the 18th, I received an email saying it had been shipped on the 24th.

Now thats fine - I understand it takes a while to make a custom build, so i'm not too miffed about that.

What i AM miffed about is the fact that the delivery date is set as the 11th May!!!!! Now when I used to order old PowerBooks, I seem to recall that they came from Cork in Ireland, and I assume that is still the case.

So why is it going to take them 3 weeks to get it from cork to my house in yorkshire?? I could literally walk there quicker.

Do I have the sneezing volcano to blame, or has Apple's service gone down the pan on my short break from mac-dom??

Rant over - Peace out. :apple:

2. old-wiz macrumors G3

'

All MBPs are built in China now. I'd blame the volcano.