Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!
  • Did you order new AirTags? We've opened a dedicated AirTags forum.

OscarTheGrouch

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 28, 2007
G' Vegas South Carolina
I have a relatively new 15" rMPB. The retina display just is not living up to what everyone said it would and should be. Powerpoints and webpages seem somewhat blurry and just not sharp. I read where I should go into the get info of a program and deselect "open in low resolution" however that option is greyed out in applications. I'd like to think this is a user error and not a equipment issue.

Here is an example of a PPT I was just reading this morning...

thanks in advance... now off to a test. YAY.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-11-21 at 10.33.05 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-11-21 at 10.33.05 AM.png
    381.5 KB · Views: 362

leman

macrumors G5
Oct 14, 2008
Which Office version is it? Some applications do not support HiDPI drawing and are automatically drawn in lower resolution. The Office 2011 had a patch to enable it again, AFAIK.

Comment

neteng101

macrumors 65816
Jan 7, 2009
You need to update/patch Office 2011 to enable HiDPI support. Once you do it should look great.

Comment

lagisibuk

macrumors 6502
Jun 25, 2013
i dont know what this is...

but, i have other problem in retina 15 using mavericks, when i'm view PPT (slide) with FULLK SCREEN, screen will blank (black), wo i need to press "esc" or "enter" and will show "error notice", press OK and all normal again...

so i decided to downgrade to mountain lion (agaaaaain). :mad:

Comment

aiyaaabatt

macrumors 6502
Aug 25, 2013
Not all programs and software are optimized for the retina resolution and that is why some look blurry. It's not apples fault but the company who made the softwares problem. It will not be fixed until they update their software to support retina resolutions

Comment

OscarTheGrouch

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 28, 2007
G' Vegas South Carolina
Which Office version is it? Some applications do not support HiDPI drawing and are automatically drawn in lower resolution. The Office 2011 had a patch to enable it again, AFAIK.

It is office 2k11 (version 14 of powerpoint apparently), so I'll check that. I've noticed it on Chrome also, though not seeming as bad recently.

Good to know it's not my machine. I haven't gotten around to any photo editing so I cannot compare it to the other MPB I have access too..

Otherwise I love this machine and it's speed.. just wish the SSD was larger (yeah i know I can buy a larger one)

Comment

Xerotech

macrumors 6502
Jul 22, 2011
:p The applications are always a mess and solely dependent on the developer. Don't even try using the rMBP with Windows, haha. It is plain awful here on my side. :D

Comment

Dekard

macrumors 6502
Sep 7, 2011
Dallas, Texas
:p The applications are always a mess and solely dependent on the developer. Don't even try using the rMBP with Windows, haha. It is plain awful here on my side. :D

Yeah I think I had to set my res at 1920x1080 for Windows and it's still a little blurry. 3DS Max is almost unbearable to work with menus in windows because of it.. :(

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.