Excessively Blurry Retina Display

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by OscarTheGrouch, Nov 21, 2013.

1. OscarTheGrouch macrumors 6502

I have a relatively new 15" rMPB. The retina display just is not living up to what everyone said it would and should be. Powerpoints and webpages seem somewhat blurry and just not sharp. I read where I should go into the get info of a program and deselect "open in low resolution" however that option is greyed out in applications. I'd like to think this is a user error and not a equipment issue.

Here is an example of a PPT I was just reading this morning...

thanks in advance... now off to a test. YAY.

Attached Files:

2. leman macrumors 604

Which Office version is it? Some applications do not support HiDPI drawing and are automatically drawn in lower resolution. The Office 2011 had a patch to enable it again, AFAIK.

3. neteng101 macrumors 65816

You need to update/patch Office 2011 to enable HiDPI support. Once you do it should look great.

4. lagisibuk macrumors 6502

i dont know what this is...

but, i have other problem in retina 15 using mavericks, when i'm view PPT (slide) with FULLK SCREEN, screen will blank (black), wo i need to press "esc" or "enter" and will show "error notice", press OK and all normal again...

so i decided to downgrade to mountain lion (agaaaaain). :mad:

5. aiyaaabatt macrumors 6502

Not all programs and software are optimized for the retina resolution and that is why some look blurry. It's not apples fault but the company who made the softwares problem. It will not be fixed until they update their software to support retina resolutions

6. OscarTheGrouch thread starter macrumors 6502

It is office 2k11 (version 14 of powerpoint apparently), so I'll check that. I've noticed it on Chrome also, though not seeming as bad recently.

Good to know it's not my machine. I haven't gotten around to any photo editing so I cannot compare it to the other MPB I have access too..

Otherwise I love this machine and it's speed.. just wish the SSD was larger (yeah i know I can buy a larger one)

7. Xerotech macrumors 6502

:p The applications are always a mess and solely dependent on the developer. Don't even try using the rMBP with Windows, haha. It is plain awful here on my side. :D

8. Dekard macrumors 6502

Dekard

Yeah I think I had to set my res at 1920x1080 for Windows and it's still a little blurry. 3DS Max is almost unbearable to work with menus in windows because of it.. :(