Exchange 2003 sync doesn't work 4.0 Beta

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Squuiid, Apr 11, 2010.

1. Squuiid macrumors 6502a

Can anyone get Exchange 2003 sync to work with the new 4.0 beta?
    I cannot get it to sync. Worked perfectly with 3.1.3. Am using Cydia SHSH to downgrade back. Oh well...

2. Squuiid thread starter macrumors 6502a

I've now come across many posts on other forums confirming this.
    4.0 beta does NOT work with Exchange 2003. WTF Apple.

3. outphase macrumors 65816

A 1st beta has broken features? I am shocked, SHOCKED! :eek:

4. Squuiid thread starter macrumors 6502a

5. Mikey B macrumors 65816

Mikey B

I'm pretty sure my company has Exchange 2003 and I have had no problems.

6. ExcelonGT macrumors regular

i'm syncing just fine with Exchange 2003. However, the new threaded conversations seems to be buggy. like its inconsistent on threading

7. Squuiid thread starter macrumors 6502a

I and many others get 'Unable to Verify' when setting up the account and it will not sync. Google, there are many of us out there with the same issue on 4.0 beta.
    I wonder what is different in your Exchange 2003 config to ours...
    Are you using SSL?

8. Mikey B macrumors 65816

Mikey B

I assume you've tried deleted the account and re-setting up? Are you using a backup to restore to that may have been corrupted? I do have SSL on but it did that automatically.

The only annoying Exchange issue I've had is when it decides to send all Calendar notifications in my account at oncem chronologically backwards. Really a pain in my butt.

9. Squuiid thread starter macrumors 6502a

Hey, thanks for the reply.
    No, I don't restore previous settings ever really. I like a clean start each time.
    I've gone back to 3.1.3 then back to 4 again to give it another shot. No go.
    Weirdly, my iPad, on 3.2, is unable to verify settings either, however if I ignore and save anyway, it will then sync and pull email.
    My iPhone on 3.1.3 and all revisions below since 2G has always synced fine from day 1. No errors, verifies all correct and push works beautifully.

So iPad slightly dodgy but if forced works, 4.0 beta no dice. Apple have DEFINITELY changed something.

There must be something 'odd' in our Exchange 2003 SP2 server settings that triggers the issue, but what?!:confused:

10. Squuiid thread starter macrumors 6502a