Exchange 2010 Remote Wipe

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by djrobsd, Jul 20, 2011.

1. djrobsd macrumors 6502a

My company is instituting a new policy where they will remote wipe my iPhone upon separation of employment. I had a few questions about this because I'm thinking of taking my iPhone "off the grid" meaning, deleting my Exchange account from my phone and not using work email on my phone.

I've done a lot of googling but not having too much luck getting definitive answers on this, so I'm asking people who may know how this works exactly.

Let's say I backup my iPhone every night in iTunes on my home MBP. Then one day my company wipes my phone. Then I hook it up to iTunes and restore....

Will my phone go into an endless loop and wipe again every time I try to restore it?

Do I need remove the SIM card before restoring in iTunes and then delete the Exchange account from the phone before putting the SIM back in?

I'm assuming the "Exchange" email account is what ties my phone to remote wipe, so if I remove it, I will loose all emails from the Exchange account, as well as calendar and contacts, but I would still have all my apps and other data on the phone?

2. mrtune macrumors 6502a

The remote wipe is tied to the exchange account.

If you delete the exchange account, all your corporate email/calendar/contacts will be removed off the phone as well as their ability to do a remote wipe.

Everything else stays intact.