Exchange 38mm for 42mm in store?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by BradWould, Apr 27, 2015.

1. BradWould macrumors 6502

BradWould

Has anyone exchanged watches in store for any reason other than defect? Anybody just feel they made the wrong choice (no convient try on access) and try to exchange for the other size? I wouldn't be surprised if they were saving the in store replacements for genuine issues instead of bad decisions. I'm just curious. I tried to call my closest store but the just reroute to the call centre.

2. Godfather4 macrumors newbie

In the exact same boat...they told me at 2 stores they have ZERO stock even for service or exchange...dont want to be at the end of order line again....

3. macdop macrumors member

I'm in the same boat. I ordered the 38mm Space Gray Sport since I thought the 42mm would match the oversized watch style that many people seem to like these days. Now I'm stuck with a watch that is a much smaller size than appropriate, and I didn't know the difference until it was too late. I ordered another one after I tried them on in store, but that's at the back of the queue. I wish Apple had let us try them on in-store before orders opened so I would never have ordered the wrong one.

4. vinzb macrumors regular

Can't imagine, that they do it. They would only do it, if you bought it there and the day of purchase is not more than 14 days ago. (Germany)
    Tried to change my 16gb iPhone to a 64gb iPhone.

5. Clarkish macrumors newbie

6. BradWould thread starter macrumors 6502

BradWould

When I called the nearest physical Apple Store it automatically rerouted me to the online store help. She said I'd have to mail it in and go to the end of the que. But she seemed rushed and didn't put a lot of thought into the answer. I'm not sure if that's because it's the easiest answer for them or if it's because they've fielded the question a thousand times and that's just the way it is. I think I'll just hold on to the one I have. It doesn't look ridiculous on me. I just know now that I've seen it I could pull off the 42mm for sure.

7. tivoboy macrumors 68030

repair or defect only

I have heard of people here in Palo Alto and Stanford going in and getting REPLACEMENTS for defects, haptic didn't work, watch wouldn't charge, etc., and they DID have watches (they have just swapped out the aluminium or the SS head unit, swapping bands with the owner) but have NOT made inventory available for exchanges..

:-(

Ordering a 38mm and needing a 42mm or vice versa was QUITE common, especially for the ladies or men with girly wrists...;-)

Some people overcame the risk by simply ordering one of each (not really a great solution)

Personally, I think it was a bad idea for apple to not AT LEAST have mockups in the store. Even NON WORKING MODELS so people could try them on and see what would be best. Would have at least eliminate a lot of these issues.