Exchange 8 for 8+

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ecthomp, Sep 21, 2017.

1. ecthomp macrumors newbie

My iPhone 8 is scheduled to be delivered tomorrow, but I'm having a little bit of buyers remorse. I've always thought the plus was too big, but then my friend let me play around with her plus and I might be a convert. Since it looks like there might be stock available this weekend, I thought I would go to one of the Apple stores in my area to check it out. Obviously, it would be within the 14 day window, but I wondered if there are any hidden fees I'm missing. I purchased from Apple with an AT&T installment plan. Does any one have any personal experience or advice?

2. IUBall22 macrumors 6502

Just return it and buy the plus. If preorders are any indication, I doubt supply will be an issue.

3. saltd macrumors 6502a

saltd

Yes, I’ve done that before. There shouldn’t be any restocking fees if you don’t open the 8 -you can bring the phone into your local AT&T store to exchange or return it. For the extra 100 dollars, the plus is worth it.

4. Technarchy macrumors 604

Technarchy

Just don’t open it, and you’ll be fine. Sometimes AT&T locks down the upgrade after return which can be annoying. If that happens call AT&T so they can open the line for an upgrade again. During really busy activation periods like iPhone launches it can be crazy though.

5. Appl3FTW macrumors 603

Appl3FTW

Depending on how u purchased it. I'm more worried about the upgrade eligibility coming back to ur account (if this applies)

6. Shadowbech macrumors 601

If you are on an installment plan. Likely they have to process it as a return. Reset your eligibility and then do a new transaction for the 8 plus.

7. ecthomp thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks guys. As expected, it was ridiculously easy to return/buy the plus. I did call first to make sure they had the model I wanted and it was a breeze. I'm in DC and all four of the closest stores had it. No fees, no hassle, super easy! I upgraded from a 6 I've had since launch day so the 8 plus has been an awesome upgrade!

8. Darkashnet macrumors regular

Darkashnet

Get the plus, you won't regret it! After a day's use the smaller phone will feel stupidly small.