Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zlin9596

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 24, 2010
hey guys, right now i have some second thoughts about my color of silver, right now i want the space gray one, you guys think i can go to a apple store next week and exchange it? or i should go Saturday and see my luck. Thanks.

yanki01

macrumors 68040
Feb 28, 2009
it depends on the demand in your area, more than likely they'll be out of stock tomorrow, late morning. worth a shot though.

lovelybai

macrumors member
Sep 21, 2012
Last year, the don't allow this by adding a new return policy: online orders must be returned online(only for iPhone )

rhaezorblue

macrumors 6502
Sep 18, 2012
If you chose Personal Pickup when you preordered online for your local Apple store you should be fine.

skinnerband

macrumors member
Aug 13, 2008
I am hoping I can exchange a 128GB Space Gray 6 Plus for a silver one in NJ. I didn't change my mind, I always wanted silver but I accidentally ordered my husbands phone (the Space Gray) and one for me (Silver) both on my phone number through the Apple online store. Didn't even realize it was possible. But, of course you can't have two phones on the same number so the silver for me got canceled. We have since ordered the correct phone for him so I'm hoping to exchange the SG. I guess I'll try Saturday morning.

Tyler23

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2010
Atlanta, GA
I'm in a similar situation, except mine is about the storage.

I pre-ordered a 16GB iPhone 6 for in-store pickup which is now available for me to pick up tomorrow.

I've had 4 iPhones - 3 were 16GB and 1 was 32GB.

I don't really need the extra storage, but since I got married my wife and I have been travelling a bit more, which means I'm taking more pictures.

Shouldn't be an issue, worst case scenario is I stick with the 16GB and just have to manage my storage. Would be a dream though if they let me "return" and then buy a 64GB. Doubt they'll have stock though!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.