Exchange a unopened iMac Core Duo for a C2D?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by EvilPaysRent, May 17, 2007.

1. EvilPaysRent macrumors newbie

EvilPaysRent

This is a bit of an odd question (the rep at the Apple store was confused when I asked him), hopefully some person here will be able to assist me.

I received a brand new iMac Core Duo as a gift from a relative (they purchased the discontinued model from some 3rd party store) and I was wondering if anyone knew whether it would be possible to bring the iMac Core Duo in to exchange for the newer C2D equivalent?

Unfortunately I don't have the receipt or anything, and I would prefer not to have to ship it all the way back either. Has anyone else been in this situation or have some pertinent information?

Regards,
    Jim

2. livingfortoday macrumors 68030

I seriously doubt it. Apple has 14 day return policy, but as this is older than 14 days old, I think you're SOL.

I wouldn't worry, though, the CD is an incredibly capable CPU, and unless you're really crunching numbers hard, you won't notice a difference at all between it and a C2D.

3. Squonk macrumors 65816

Squonk

An exchange is not going to happen, sorry...

You might get a good price for it on eBay since it is factory-fresh, unopened. But I would jump on selling it ASAP.

I agree with the previous poster though that the CD iMac IS a great machine in its' own right.

4. seany916 macrumors 6502

If you need something other than an iMac, then sell it.

If you want an iMac, then just use it.

5. EvilPaysRent thread starter macrumors newbie

EvilPaysRent

Thanks for all your advice guys, I suspected the exchange would be impossible. I'm just going to stick with the CD.

It's hard to resist that terrible urge to have the latest and greatest!