Exchange a won iPad wifi for a 3G?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by marvlaw, Mar 31, 2011.

1. marvlaw macrumors member

I have a 1st generation 32GB 3G and love it. Initially I felt there was nothing in the iPad 2 that I really needed. Yesterday I won an iPad 2 32GB wifi (super excited, I never win anything). I love having the 3G option and don't want to give it up. Would Apple exchange my sealed wifi for a 3G and I pay the $130? I would appreciate any advice

Thanks!

2. Cole JM macrumors regular

It's always worth a try.

3. ClutchThese macrumors 65816

ClutchThese

4. Pballer110 macrumors 6502

I'm sure they will. Why wouldn't they want more of your money.

5. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

If it was purchased from Apple they can easily look up the receipt so exchange should be no prob. I don't know how they'd handle it if it was purchased elsewhere but never hurts to ask. Provided there isn't something in the computer system to prevent undocumented exchanged I don't see why they wouldn't.

Also if one store says no, you might want to try another. I've had different experiences at different stores. For example some will sell you parts (like the Mac Pro Airport module before it was standard) others will not, even though the rule is they are not suppose to.

6. HiDEF macrumors 68000

HiDEF

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

They'll exchange it, just say it was a gift and you want to upgrade it. If not, try another store or speak w a manager.

7. marvlaw thread starter macrumors member

Thank you everyone! Sounds like I need to just go into the store and give it a shot. I didn't really plan to upgrade, but if I can do it for $130, I definitely will.

Thanks again!

8. EssentialParado macrumors 65816

9. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

...because all the Chinese scalpers everyone was crying about were buying them for charity auctions.:D

10. vajeff macrumors member

They did for me a few years ago on an iPod Touch 2nd Gen that I won. I won the 8GB, and wanted 32GB.