Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

marvlaw

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 25, 2010
I have a 1st generation 32GB 3G and love it. Initially I felt there was nothing in the iPad 2 that I really needed. Yesterday I won an iPad 2 32GB wifi (super excited, I never win anything). I love having the 3G option and don't want to give it up. Would Apple exchange my sealed wifi for a 3G and I pay the $130? I would appreciate any advice

Thanks!

Cole JM

macrumors regular
Mar 13, 2011
I have a 1st generation 32GB 3G and love it. Initially I felt there was nothing in the iPad 2 that I really needed. Yesterday I won an iPad 2 32GB wifi (super excited, I never win anything). I love having the 3G option and don't want to give it up. Would Apple exchange my sealed wifi for a 3G and I pay the $130? I would appreciate any advice

Thanks!

It's always worth a try.

Chupa Chupa

macrumors G5
Jul 16, 2002
If it was purchased from Apple they can easily look up the receipt so exchange should be no prob. I don't know how they'd handle it if it was purchased elsewhere but never hurts to ask. Provided there isn't something in the computer system to prevent undocumented exchanged I don't see why they wouldn't.

Also if one store says no, you might want to try another. I've had different experiences at different stores. For example some will sell you parts (like the Mac Pro Airport module before it was standard) others will not, even though the rule is they are not suppose to.

HiDEF

macrumors 68000
Jun 23, 2010
Miami, FL
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

They'll exchange it, just say it was a gift and you want to upgrade it. If not, try another store or speak w a manager.

marvlaw

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 25, 2010
Thank you everyone! Sounds like I need to just go into the store and give it a shot. I didn't really plan to upgrade, but if I can do it for $130, I definitely will.

Thanks again!

vajeff

macrumors member
Jan 30, 2011
They did for me a few years ago on an iPod Touch 2nd Gen that I won. I won the 8GB, and wanted 32GB.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.