Exchange account in mail app killing network

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by cosmic68, Apr 3, 2012.

1. cosmic68 macrumors 6502

cosmic68

Hi,

When i enter my works Exchange account into Lions mail app-it a) is very slow to receive emails, but b) seems to kill my network. My broadband crawls to virtually nothing. I connect to internet via Airport.

Its like its stuck in some weird network-feedback-loop. Kills and congests my network.

The same account details entered into iPad on same network works flawlessly.

Any advice?

2. brambmanu macrumors newbie

Hi there,

I am having the same problem. It started two days ago. My Exchange account became extremely slow and brings down my network with it.

Same Exchange account works fine in my iPhone and iPad.

I tried deleting the Exchange account from my Mac and adding it again without success.

Any ideas? How did you solve your problem?

Thanks!

3. cosmic68 thread starter macrumors 6502

cosmic68

Unfortunately I did not solve it with my old network (old UFO apple extreme), but last month I changed to BT Infinity fibre optic and they provided their router and the problem went away.

Obviously as your problem has just started, it isn't that, so can't be of more help-apart from the normal advice-restarting/resetting wireless bases/routers and see if that has any impact.

God, I sound like the lazy IT staff at work....

4. takeshi74 macrumors 601

Unfortunately that's really not relevant as the iPad connects via ActiveSync. Mail does not.