Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

exi

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 16, 2012
Mostly a matter of iCloud service reliability and the effect that may have on client choice.

To clarify: I have attempted to use Outlook on iOS with an Exchange/EAS account. Office 365 through an organization. Read status does not synchronize in the background. Messages read via webmail continue to show as unread on the client. @campyguy, when did you say this was hopefully going to be straightened out for sure, roughly? Outlook.com during migration, I could understand...

stulaw11

Suspended
Jan 25, 2012
Mostly a matter of iCloud service reliability and the effect that may have on client choice.

To clarify: I have attempted to use Outlook on iOS with an Exchange/EAS account. Office 365 through an organization. Read status does not synchronize in the background. Messages read via webmail continue to show as unread on the client. @campyguy, when did you say this was hopefully going to be straightened out for sure, roughly? Outlook.com during migration, I could understand...
It's a limitation of the 3rd party apps. None sync in the background- Outlook, Spark, Cloudmagic, Boxer- none of them.

The only proper sync I've seen is the Gmail app and because Google uses their own protocol.

campyguy

macrumors 68040
Mar 21, 2014

MS indicated "...sometime in 2016...". That's all I've got. There's blog posts going back 11 months and 1/11 this year that state that - "Bing it", don't "Google it", and you'll likely find the same.

One of my accounts works great, one is still on the old platform. So, I'm "50/50" right now...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.