Exchange baseline for touch bar model

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by darkgremio, Oct 29, 2016.

1. darkgremio macrumors 6502

Hey, I got a MacBook Pro coming and it's the new one. I ordered it from Apple Store online, I was wondering when the touch bar model comes out can I go to an Apple Store and do an exchange? I know you can return online orders, I was hoping just to exchange and pay the difference

2. garirry macrumors 68000

garirry

The question is why did you purchase the computer if you knew you were expecting to exchange it later?

Anyway, you normally could return within 14 days and exchange to whatever you want, however, the new MacBook Pros have a vague shipping date of "2 to 3 weeks", which means that it won't be at least two weeks before the MBP with touch bar even hits the Apple Store shelves, so the return period will be already over by then.

I suggest that after one week or so, if you still want the upcoming MacBook Pro with touch bar, backup all the data, return yours while you can, and then wait a few weeks for the touch bar model to be released.

3. Ender17 macrumors regular

I don't think Apple does "exchanges" but you can return it within 14 days and purchase a different one

4. ag29, Oct 29, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2016

ag29 macrumors 6502

Holiday return policy starts on November 1st. Just wait till Tuesday and you won't have any problems ;-) Also check the receipt after you buy it and make sure it says the date you can return it on is January 8th

OR

Order it online now and then go to the Apple store and get your return date adjusted to match the holiday return policy.